Wednesday, April 27, 2005

4x4 challenge



That just about sums it all up. Monster cars, monster obstacles, lots of noise and mud and roll-overs. Pretty standard stuff for a challenge.

This is Dave Radcliffe's crazy jeep. He wins most challenges quite easily in it. It cost around R750 000 to build up but still can't make him coffee in the morning! And it is probably the best example of a tricked up jeep in this country, but won't even come close to anything in the States. Sorry for us!



Another woopsie: This Jeep rolled onto its roof and was then pushed upright by a whole bunch of really strong guys because it flipped right back onto its roof again. Ha ha







There were some funny cars, some awesome cars and a couple of Landy's for Pepper to speak to.




Some puppies that were there too. One day I will have a puppy like that to drive around with me in Pepper when Kate doesn't want to come wiv.




We went driving on another part of the track, one which I have done about a million times so I decided to try and do it as fast as possible. The result: not many photo's. We did get some though because I would race off and then stop when I was stuck or thought it would be a cool photo.

Spash! Ah haaaaa aa! I like driving in mud and water and making big splahes. Pepper, on the other hand, does not. The next day at Phillipi the starter motor died because it had got water in it. Pepper's diffs need draining and the swivel pins need draining, cleaning and refilling. All for a splash!




Pepper also like to show off and drive over things that other cars can't or their drivers are too scared to. That makes it fun for her when she goes to play with Space: The Last Frontier because either it can't drive over fun lumps of clay or through muddy bogs of slime or it won't. I don't know which it is (can't or won't) but I suspect the latter.

This photo is one of a series of three, but someone who will remain nameless did not load all the images I gave her. And someone's sister deleted everything else (again) that was worth looking at. So you, the viewer, had just better count your lucky stars that there are any images on this site. The pitfalls are great, the hazards numerous but when you persevere (and do it myself from now on) the rewards are incredible.

1 comment:

Katrinayellow said...

aaah. bengo! I want one. I am busy trying to convince adi we need a pet to go with our new hoose. So far the options are: a duck - the neighbours have one, a moo cow for fresh milk in the morning, some chickens to make us eggs, some fish in our fish pond if you come and build it, but adi says the neighbourhood cats will eat em, and now a bengo! I want a bengo!